Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
perfect with a cup of coffee or tea in a morning or great snack
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour (for dusting)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (softened)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1.Combine yeast and 1/2 c of warm water,set aside for 10 mins or until bubbly.
- 2.In a large mixing bowl,combine butter,sugar,milk,salt,mashed potatoes,hot water until the butter melts,add eggs and yeast mixture,mix well.
- 3.Add 2 cups of all purpose flour,continue adding flour(1 cup at a time),until soft dough forms,pour flour on a flat surface and knead the dough until becomes elastic and smooth.
- 4.Place in a greased bowl and cover,let rise for atleast 1 hours.
- 5.Meanwhile,combine sugar and ground cinnamon for filling.
- 6.Get and punch dough down to remove air inside of it,then divide in half,roll on a floured surface,flatten it using rolling pin and spread with half of the butter(for filling).
- 7.Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over surface,roll up tightly lengthwise then seal the edges by pinching it.cut into 12 slices then place in a greased pan.repeat the procedure to the remaining dough.
- 8.Cover and let it rise for 40 mins or until double it size.
- 9.Bake in 350 degrees f oven for 25 mins.cool for 15 minutes.
- 10.Prepare the icing by combining all the ingredients and drizzle over the rolls,serve warm and enjoy eating!