1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Rolls from Laura Vitale
4 hrs 30 mins
Since I'm new to making cinnamon rolls, I looked for a video on youtube on how to do cinnamon rolls and came across Laura Vitale video. It was so informative I thought I post the recipe. I haven't tried it yet because I tried 2 different ones already on this site. I wanted two different recipes because I wanted to try one for regular yeast and quick yeast. Again, since I'm new to this type of baking I honestly didn't know if there was a difference. My next batch of cinnamon rolls will be from her site. Here's her website with the video if you need help like me: http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/all/episode.php?episodenumber=300
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water, warmed up to 115 degrees
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of melted butter, to brush over the top before baking
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 11) In a small bowl, combine the warm water and 1 tsp of the granulated sugar, sprinkle the yeast over the top and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- 22) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix the egg, milk, salt, sugar and melted butter. Add 2 cups of the flour and the water, vanilla and yeast mixture, mix until its all incorporated and slowly add about 2 more cups of flour. Turn the speed up to medium and let it mix for about 5 to 7 minutes or until you have a smooth dough.
- 33) Oil a large bowl with some vegetable oil and set aside. Take the dough out of the mixer and pull it together with your hands to form a ball. Place it in the oiled bowl and oil the top of the dough with a little vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in a warm spot to rise for about 2 hours.
- 44) In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon for the filling, set aside.
- 55) When doubled in size, punch the dough down and roll it out onto a floured surface into a 15x9” rectangle. Spread the soft butter over the top and sprinkle evenly over the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Starting from one of the long ends, tightly roll the dough into a jelly roll form. Cut into 14 to 16 slices (make sure they are even) and place them cut side down in a well buttered 9x13 baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let put them back into a warm spot to rise for another 1 ½ hours.
- 66) Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 77) Once risen, brush them with some melted butter and bake them for about 30 or until golden brown.
- 88) While the cinnamon rolls cool for a few minutes make the glaze. Mix all the ingredients of the glaze in a bowl except for the milk, once the cream cheese is all mixed, slowly add the milk until you get a runny glaze consistency. Immediately pour the glaze over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rolls from Laura Vitale
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 233.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g