Recipe by JCrosgrey
I love Cinnabon.... so I knew that I needed to learn to make them at home. This recipe is so close..... I drool as they are baking in the oven!
Top Review by dnichols
I didn't see where anyone posted this hint. Instead of using a knife to cut the dough, I use unwaxed, unflavored dental floss to cut the rolled up dough. Use about a 12 inch long piece. Slide it under the dough and just cross your floss, and pull quickly. It will slice through the dough without changing its shape. I keep a small container of floss in my kitchen drawer to uses like splitting dough all the time.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup softened butter
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 7 ingredients, in the order listed, to a bread machine baking pan. Insert pan into bread machine and start the "dough" cycle on machine. Process dough according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the dough is finished, turn it out onto floured rolling board and allow it to sit for ten minutes. When ready, roll the dough out into a 16" wide and 21" long rectangle, with a dough thickness of about 1/4 inch. Allow to sit again.
- In a small bowl, combine the next two ingredients(brown sugar and cinnamon). Stir well until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Then, spread the softened butter over the surface of the dough and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the dough surface. Use all of the cinnamon sugar and completely coat the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll up the sheet of dough jelly-roll fashion along the 16" wide side of the rectangle (lengthwise). Then, cut the dough roll into 12 slices.
- Spray a 9” by 13” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange these 12 rolls into the baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled. Place into the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- While the rolls bake, combine the last 5 ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir until everything is well blended. The mixture should form a thick icing.
- When the rolls are fully cooked, remove the baking pan from the oven. Frost the rolls immediately with the icing, while they are still in the pan. Then, allow the rolls to cool until they are able to be handled.
- For best results, the rolls should be served within 30 minutes of baking.
- Makes 12 cinnamon rolls.