Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Check out my sweet dough Sweet Dough or cheat and use those refrigerated pop-open doughs. Top them with icing!!!!
- 1 loaf prepared sweet roll dough
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 158.51 ml raisins or 158.51 ml nuts, chopped and toasted or 158.51 ml dried blueberries (add some lemon zest along with the cinnamon) or 158.51 ml dried cranberries (add some ginger along with the cinnamon)
- Divide Sweet Dough in half.
- Roll out each half into an oblong 14x9 inches.
- Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Sprinkle each oblong with a mixture of sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
- Roll up as for jelly roll to make roll 9 inches long.
- Seal edges firmly.
- Cut into nine equal pieces.
- Place cut side up about 1/3 inch apart in a greased pan.
- Cover, and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- Top with icing if you like!
Used your sweet dough recipe for these buns. I used 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 white. Didn't melt the butter, just let it soften and smeared it over. I got 12 big rolls out of it.
i just devoured 2 straight from the oven. im rating both the sweet dough and the cinnamon buns. ive had problems with making soft dough for cinnamon buns but this was soft and gooey. my only change: i mixed both regular and light brown sugar (75% white; 25% brown). this tastes amazing for the fat and calorie content. soo similar to the famous cinnabon without the hefty 600-700 calorie load! my oven is strong so it actually cooked in half the time (15 minutes). thanks for such a great recipe. exactly what ive been looking for/
Reviewed for ZWT III. Well, these were fabulous! Easy to make - I made fresh sweet dough for them, and they were a BIG HIT with the whole family. Put it this way, I made them at 9pm last night and by 4pm today they are all finished! My 6 1/2 month old especially thinks they're fantastic and kept helping herself...