2 hrs 30 mins
Lisa Clarice's Note:
These cinnamon rolls are really delicious and easy to make. I make the dough the night before and assemble them, so in the morning just pop in the oven. These are great with or without frosting. Original recipe came from Epicurious with a few of my own changes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 teaspoons fast rise yeast (from 2 envelopes yeast)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1For dough:.
- 2Combine milk and butter in glass measuring cup. Microwave on high until butter melts.
- 3Pour into bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
- 4Add 1 cup flour, sugar, egg, yeast, and salt.
- 5Beat on low speed, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl.
- 6Add 21/2 cups flour.
- 7Beat on low until flour is absorbed and dough is sticky, scraping down sides of bowl.
- 8Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if sticky, about 8 minutes. You can also need dough in your KitchenAid mixer.
- 9Let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- 10For filling:.
- 11Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
- 12Punch down dough. Transfer to floured work surface. Roll out to 15x11-inch rectangle.
- 13Spread butter over dough, leaving 1/2-inch border.
- 14Sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over butter.
- 15Roll dough into log.
- 16Spray a glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 17Arrange rolls cut side up (there will be almost no space between rolls).
- 18Bake at 375°F for 20-30 minutes.
- 19For glaze:.
- 20Combine powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in medium bowl.
- 21Using electric mixer, beat until smooth adding water to thin out.
- 22Spread glaze on rolls.
- 23Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.2
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 340.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 8.1 g