1/2 Photos of Cinnamon Rolls
2 hrs 16 mins
PaulO in MA's Note:
I chanced upon these while searching Dutch oven web sites and found http://www.ani-lati.org/seabreeze/breakfest_dishes.htm. Very easy to make. Better to make them in a 13- by 9-inch pan. Making a second tray takes only an additional 15 - 20 minutes. Additional pictures are at http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=289011.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm milk (105 - 110 F)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (optional)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted on very low heat
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Add yeast to warm milk with a pinch of sugar, stir with a fork to dissolve and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Grease the inside of the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add flour, sugar, salt, and vital wheat glutted to the bowl. Blend the softened butter with the eggs in a bowl with a fork. Add to bowl. Add dissolved yeast solution. Knead with dough hook to make a dough.
- 3Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead for 4 to 7 minutes. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, turn to oil the dough, cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in a warm place (75 – 80 °F) for 60 minutes until the dough has nearly doubled in size.
- 4Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 5Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface, and roll it into a 16 by 21-inch rectangle. Melt butter over very low heat until just melted. Spread melted butter over the dough and brush to coat. Don’t go all the way to the edge with the butter. That way, the edge will seal when you roll it up and the individual rolls are easier to pick up.
- 6Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the dough and spread it out evenly with a spatula. Roll the dough into a log. Even the rolled log to uniform size.
- 7Cut into 12 slices with a baker’s bench knife (dough scraper) or a large knife. Place the buns in a greased 13- by 9-inch pan. Place the two end pieces in the pan “inside side” up.
- 8Cover and let rise in a warm place until they are nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake the buns in a preheated 400 °F oven until they are golden brown, about 15 - 17 minutes.
- 9Icing: In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Let the buns cool about 5-6 minutes before frosting. Spread the icing on the buns.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.5
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 392.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 7.5 g