1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe was given to me by a friend.Her mom has been making these for years.She brought one in for me and I had to get the recipe.I made a couple of revisions.Her recipe called for 2 cups of flour but that was not enough to make the mixture into a dough.I also added vanilla to the recipe.In her recipe she uses brown sugar/cinnamon mixture but I used white sugar.Her directions were sketchy as to the roll out process so I included my directions here. Unlike cinnamon rolls using yeast these are more cake-like and don't dry out like the yeast-y rolls.They are so good I didn't even bother trying to freeze any. A mixture of icing sugar and water are nice over these rolls.I don't know exactly how much of each I used so I did not include that in my recipe.It depends on how thick or runny you want the icing.I poured this icing over the rolls as soon as they came from the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and first amount of sugar.
- 2Add beaten egg and vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl,combine baking powder and flour.
- 4Add dry ingredients to butter mixture,mix.
- 5Add milk and mix together.
- 6Roll out dough on floured surface to a rectangle shape (approx 10 w x 15 l).
- 7Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick.
- 8Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over rolled out dough.Pat down gently with a spoon to make mixture adhere to dough.
- 9Roll up dough lenghwise and pinch ends together.
- 10Slice dough into 1 inch slices.
- 11Place onto greased cookie sheet.
- 12Bake at 350 for approximately 10-12 minutes,until golden.
- 13Let cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 111.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g