Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend.Her mom has been making these for years.She brought one in for me and I had to get the recipe.I made a couple of revisions.Her recipe called for 2 cups of flour but that was not enough to make the mixture into a dough.I also added vanilla to the recipe.In her recipe she uses brown sugar/cinnamon mixture but I used white sugar.Her directions were sketchy as to the roll out process so I included my directions here. Unlike cinnamon rolls using yeast these are more cake-like and don't dry out like the yeast-y rolls.They are so good I didn't even bother trying to freeze any. A mixture of icing sugar and water are nice over these rolls.I don't know exactly how much of each I used so I did not include that in my recipe.It depends on how thick or runny you want the icing.I poured this icing over the rolls as soon as they came from the oven.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cream butter and first amount of sugar.
- Add beaten egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl,combine baking powder and flour.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture,mix.
- Add milk and mix together.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to a rectangle shape (approx 10 w x 15 l).
- Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over rolled out dough.Pat down gently with a spoon to make mixture adhere to dough.
- Roll up dough lenghwise and pinch ends together.
- Slice dough into 1 inch slices.
- Place onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 10-12 minutes,until golden.
- Let cool on wire rack.
This recipe was terrible. The dough was over-ly sticky, and I couldn't get the dough to roll no matter what I did. I kept adding flour, which made it end up tasting more like a cookie and less like a cinnamon roll - and I never even got them to ROLL. I ended up making cinnamon cookie blobs, which came out pretty thin. They didn't taste that good either. Never using this recipe again.
This was a very easy recipe to follow and very tasty. Highly recommended.