Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter (slightly cold)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Slowly add milk, and combine gently until the dough begins to hold together.
- Remove from bowl and knead just until smooth.
- Roll out into a rectangle of 1/2-inch thickness. Spread butter or margarine over the dough.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon together, and using your hands, sprinkle and pat the mixture into the butter, covering from edge to edge.
- With the widest edge towards you, roll up the dough, sealing the end.
- Cut into 12 equal rolls and place on a baking sheet. Bake for ~15 minute.