Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Gooey, yummy cinnamon rolls!
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 ounce dry yeast (2 packages)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a bowl combine water, yeast and sugar.
- Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In large bowl, take pudding mix and prepare according to package directions.
- Add margarine, eggs and salt. Mix well.
- Then add yeast mixture. Blend.
- Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down dough and let rise again.
- Then roll out on floured board to 34 x 21" size.
- Take 1 cup soft butter and spread over surface.
- In bowl, mix 2 cups brown sugar and 4 teas. cinnamon. Sprinkle over top.
- Roll up very tightly. With knife, put a notch every 2".
- Cut with thread or knife.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet 2" apart. Take hand and lightly press down on each roll. Cover and let rise until double again.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Remove when they start to turn golden.
- DON'T OVER BAKE.
- Frost warm rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Makes about 20 very large rolls.
- To make frosting, mix all ingredients until smooth.