Recipe by Turley Girl
A wonderful recipe from the Tulsa Public School cafeterias. Goes great with the Bean Chowder recipe.
- 1 ounce yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
Powdered sugar glaze
- 8 ounces powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- water or milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in lukewarm water.
- Add melted shortening and beaten egg.
- Add flour, powdered milk and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Work down and roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon mix and roll up lengthwise.
- Cut into 12 2 1/2-inch rolls.
- Place on greased tray and let rise until doubled.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- To make glaze, combine powdered sugar, melted butter and enough water or milk to make it a spreading consistency.