Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Want to be famous for your cinnamon rolls? After 12 years of working on the perfect cinnamon roll I settled on this... and now I'm famous with all my friends. Lately I've started adding 1/2 cup of sour cream to the dough mixture, and I've really liked the results.
- 59.14 ml warm water
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml warm milk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 96.38 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4.92 ml salt
- 946.36 ml bread flour
- 12.32 ml bread machine yeast (one pkg.)
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 29.57 ml ground cinnamon
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 591.47 ml confectioners' sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml salt
- In the pan of your bread machine, combine water, melted butter, vanilla pudding, warm milk, egg, 1 T. sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast. Set machine to Dough cycle. Press Start.
- When dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 17x10 inch rectangle. Beat together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread dough with butter mixture.
- Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 16 one-inch slices and place in buttered jellyroll pan (or a 9x13 and another small pan). Brush outside of rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350º F. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While rolls bake, beat together cream cheese, softened butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt. Remove rolls from oven and top with frosting.
Fantastic recipe! I cut out half a cup of sugar in the frosting and it was still plenty sweet. Might cut out a little more next time.
Definitely a great cinnamon roll. I don't think I have had better, anywhere. Loved the frosting and the rolls are wonderful. I did only use 1/2 c. butter in filling and added Glazed Nuts before rolling. Mine did take longer to raise but they are so worth the wait. I only had French Vanilla pudding mix so used that.
These cinnamon rolls were wonderful! I love the texture and flavor the pudding (I used fat free/sugar free) gave the dough when baked. I used a really soft butter and my cinn/brown sugar/butter mixture oozed when I rolled it and I had a mess. Next time I might spread the soft butter on the rolled out dough and then sprinkle on the cinn/brown sugar mixture before rolling and that might help the issue. Definitely LOVED these rolls. I just made simple powdered sugar/vanilla butter flavoring/milk icing. Thanks for a great recipe!