Recipe by Cookingfor7
Want to be famous for your cinnamon rolls? After 12 years of working on the perfect cinnamon roll I settled on this... and now I'm famous with all my friends. Lately I've started adding 1/2 cup of sour cream to the dough mixture, and I've really liked the results.
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (one pkg.)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In the pan of your bread machine, combine water, melted butter, vanilla pudding, warm milk, egg, 1 T. sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast. Set machine to Dough cycle. Press Start.
- When dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 17x10 inch rectangle. Beat together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread dough with butter mixture.
- Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 16 one-inch slices and place in buttered jellyroll pan (or a 9x13 and another small pan). Brush outside of rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350º F. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While rolls bake, beat together cream cheese, softened butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt. Remove rolls from oven and top with frosting.