Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Want to be famous for your cinnamon rolls? After 12 years of working on the perfect cinnamon roll I settled on this... and now I'm famous with all my friends. Lately I've started adding 1/2 cup of sour cream to the dough mixture, and I've really liked the results.
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (one pkg.)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In the pan of your bread machine, combine water, melted butter, vanilla pudding, warm milk, egg, 1 T. sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast. Set machine to Dough cycle. Press Start.
- When dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 17x10 inch rectangle. Beat together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread dough with butter mixture.
- Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 16 one-inch slices and place in buttered jellyroll pan (or a 9x13 and another small pan). Brush outside of rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350º F. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While rolls bake, beat together cream cheese, softened butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt. Remove rolls from oven and top with frosting.
I'm famous! People have requested this for thanksgiving! Everyone loves them and the bread machine does the work for me!
i made these on thursday for my school choirs "treat day" and they were a huge success everyone loved them. I love the dough it was amazing and with the frosting i added some cinnamon and it was oh so good! thanks for the great recipe!
just tried these about a week ago, the dough was awesome, bread maker did pretty much all of it for more. i'm a sore loser when it comes to rolling it out, so that was mostly my fault. but once i got it going, and that frosting, oh my gosh, yummy. this will probably be the only bread maker cinnamon roll recipe i'll use