Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A decadant cinnamon bun turned into a waffle. Will give you a toothache. Inspiration from Recipe Girl's blogsite.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Too prepare the waffles: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Preheat a waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray. Pour batter into waffle iron grid and close the lid. Bake until waffles are completely done- follow your waffle iron's instructions. Use a fork to remove finished waffles. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep waffles warm until ready to serve (Placing in a 200 degree oven is will do the trick).
- To prepare the cinnamon topping: In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside.
- To prepare the cream cheese topping: In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- heat butter and cream cheese for 30 to 60 seconds; just until melted. Stir together until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- When ready to serve, place waffle on plate, drizzle cinnamon topping, then drizzle cream cheese topping to taste. Serve immediately.
These were very good. For those who didn't care for the grainy texture of the cinnamon topping, heat it up first before drizzling on your waffle and the sugar will dissolve.
Oh my goodness, these were good! People reviewing complained of a gritty texture in the cinnamon mixture, but I liked that about it. Also, I had a little trouble with mine separating, so I microwaved it for an additional 30 seconds and then whisked it and it then formed a nice uniform sauce. These really were delicious! UPDATE: this is now my go-to waffle recipe, as well! They always turn out great!
Absolutely enjoyed your waffles, & we thank you so much for sharing the recipe! Really, really tasted like cinnamon rolls & now I can't wait to have company for breakfast sometime & make these! In fact, I'd be happy to make & share 'em for any meal of the day! Delightful! [Made & reviewed to acknowledge your genius as a player of PRMR]