Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Love cinnamon rolls, but short on time? Now you can have all the elements of a roll in a super easy twist! Puff pastry is slathered in melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar then baked until golden; from oven to plate in 20 minutes!
- 12 ounces sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 400F and line 2 baking trays.
- Place light brown sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and stir until combined. Leave to one side.
- Place ready rolled pastry sheet onto a cutting mat and brush melted butter all over.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon mix all over the pastry and press slightly with the back of a spoon, just to make sure it's stuck.
- Slice into 12 strips, about 1 inch thick, but this will depend on the size of your sheet.
- Take either end of the strip and twist; twist one hand away and the other towards until the twist meets in the middle.
- Place twists on baking tray, 6 to a sheet with 2 inch gaps between them.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes until risen, puffy and golden.
- Leave to cool on the trays completely.
- Once cool, place the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla into a medium sized bowl and beat on med-high speed until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Add in 1/2tbsp milk and beat until combined. If required, add the other 1/2tbsp and mix. You want a consistency which will pour, but isn't so thin it won't stick to anything.
- Either drizzle over the twists or place in a small bowl to dip the twists inches.
- Twists will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature for 2 days, dip will keep covered in the fridge for 2 days.