Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is delicious and easy. Takes cinnamon toast to a whole nother level.
- 2 slices bread (white or wheat)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle cinnamon on plain piece of bread.
- Spread it in and around with a knife.
- Butter that side of the bread.
- Place buttered side down in a moderately hot skillet until lightly toasted.
- Turn and leave on other side just long enough to keep it from feeling soggy.
- Spread hot toast with glaze made with confectioner's sugar, water and vanilla.
This is a great little breakfast. DH had made some of those Grand canned biscuits the other night so I used the leftover biscuits instead of bread. He took one look at me and shook his head yeah...even mentioned that we should give the recipe to his mom - that is a big complement. Thanks for a tasty easy recipe that's such a treat!
This is heaven! More delicious and easier than I thought. I was looking for the easiest and quickest cinnamon rolls recipe with no yeast, and this cheat using toasts just blowed my mind. I've already eaten 4 today and will be eating this really often!
We were craving cinnamon rolls this morning, but didn't want to spend 2 hours making some or go out and buy the canned. This hit the nail on the head and was fast and easy. I used about 3-4 tablespoons butter (eyeballed it), melted it in the microwave and added about 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon into the butter and mixed. I spread it on both sides of 4 pieces of bread using a brush, and heated both sides of each piece of bread in a pan till it wasn't soft. I halved the glaze and it was just enough to drizzle over all four pieces of bread. I should have made more!