Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A quick little cake to make that taste like cinnamon rolls. Found it on Facebook of all places and wanted to save it after i had tried it.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter (soft to the point of almost melted*)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together except for the butter.
- Once mixed; slowly pour in the butter stiring it into batter.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- While the cake is warm ~ drizzle the glaze over the cake.
I have made this cake twice now- a real fan favourite! In my second cake I reduced the amount of butter that I added to the topping to 3/4 cup. Not a whole lot of difference but it did cook more evenly. I also increased the amount of "swirling" I did second time around to get more cinnamon into the cake. <br/><br/>I made the cake in a spring form pan - it makes for a nice presentation.
I TOO found this exact recipe on facebook. Absolutely the best cake I have ever made. So moist...very sweet...only need a small slice at a time. And you can throw it.together usually with what you have on hand... no sour cream...no buttermilk..no stupid fancy ingrediants. Perfection.
This is a great recipe originally saw this in a pampered chef cookbook. I made exactly except to 1/2 the topping recipe and glaze. It was just right.