Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A quick little cake to make that taste like cinnamon rolls. Found it on Facebook of all places and wanted to save it after i had tried it.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter (soft to the point of almost melted*)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together except for the butter.
- Once mixed; slowly pour in the butter stiring it into batter.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- While the cake is warm ~ drizzle the glaze over the cake.
I won second place at a baking contest we held at the store where I work making this!
This cake is so yummy! I added big chunks of chopped Granny Smith apples before the topping then added toasted pecans on top after swirling the topping. It is soooo good! I guess now it's a apple pecan cinabun cake.
So delicious! This cake was particularly easy to make and the directions were pretty straight forward. I followed the recipe exactly and the only thing I would change, is to add more icing, delicious! ;) I did swirl the topping quite a bit to make sure it was evenly distributed, as the mixture doesn't fully allow for that. i am not a sweets person, but this will a treat I will make often! Thank you for this recipe to be used for years to come! :)