Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthier version of cinnamon rolls, in the shape of muffins. I found this on www.dailyunadventuresincooking.com.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, soft
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine milk and vinegar and set aside. In a bowl stir together brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Mix in egg, vanilla and then milk mixture. Stir in flour to form a dough.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead for a minute until silky.
- Combine butter, sugar and cinnamon until smooth.
- Roll or press dough out into a 12 x24″ rectangle.
- Spread with butter mixture leaving about a centimeter border on every side.
- Roll up starting from the longer side to make a ~ 24″ log.
- Cut into 12 1-2″ sections, and put into a greased or lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
These were good. I missed the frosting on regular cinnamon rolls.