Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Go ahead, eat 'em for breakfast.
Top Review by Todd
These cookies did not turn out as well as I was hoping. The dough, even after chilled, was hard to work with. Slicing the dough usually made it fall apart. All of the cinnamon sugar just fell out completely. I baked them for 12 minutes and they were still very doughy. And they had no flavor whatsoever! I was disappointed.
- 59.16 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Filling: Stir together the sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Cookies: Cream the butter and brown sugar until well blended with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; blend well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; add to butter mixture and blend well.
- Turn dough out onto a sheet of waxed paper; spread into a 9x6-inch rectangle using a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar to within 1 inch from the edges.
- Roll dough up jelly-roll style.
- Roll in remaining cinnamon-sugar; wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice dough 1/4-inch thick; place 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden on top.
- Cool for 4 minutes on the cookie sheets, then remove to racks and cool completely.