Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Cooking with Paula Deen, Paula Deen's Christmas 2006. I just came across this recipe, and look forward to trying them... I love my grandmother's old fashioned cinnamon rolls, so these sounded like cookies I would absolutely love. What is better than cinnamon and nuts :) I plan to add these to my Christmas cookie trays next year, so you can bet I will be making them soon! Please Note: Preparation time is time making and refrigeration time and is just a guesstimate since I haven't made them yet.
- In a large bowl, beat 11/4 cups sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating well.
- Cover, and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 18x10" rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, pecans, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over cookie dough, pressing down gently with hands.
- Roll up dough, beginning with long side, jelly-roll fashion. Place roll seam side down.
- Wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Cut dough into 1/2" slices, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.