Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
From favorite brand name bake sale cookbook
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For cinnamon mix:.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- For cookie dough:.
- Cream shortning and sugar in large bowl. Blend in vanilla and eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon. add to creamed mix and beat well.
- Turn dough onto a sheet of waxed paper. Spread dough into a 9 by 6-inch rectangle. Sprinkle 4 tbsp cinnamon mix. Roll up jelly roll style into a log. Dust log with remaining sugar. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375. Spray cookie sheets with pam spray.
- Slice dough 1/4 inch thick. Bake for 8 minutes.