Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
just like the title says! Courtesy of foodblog "Bake or Break". In my photo they are done to make crispier cookies, but just undercook them a little to make them soft and gooey if you like.
- Beat together sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to sugar/butter mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle, 18″ x 10″.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over cookie dough and press down gently.
- Beginning with the long side, roll up dough jelly-roll fashion. Place seam side down and cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap and/or parchment paper.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut dough into 1/2-inch slices. On a sprayed/greased/lined baking sheet, place dough slices about 3 to 4 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then place on wire racks to cool completely.