Recipe by Debbwl
These are delicious and took second place in a baking competition at work. Big thanks to Shelly of Cookies & Cups for this tasty creation.
Top Review by Jean B.
Well, they've been in the oven for about 45 minutes, 15 of that on convection bake, top is getting dark brown and they are still gooey-raw looking in the center! I was supposed to have them frosted and be at a party by now...
- 15 1⁄4 ounces vanilla cake mix
- 3 ounces vanilla pudding mix, Cook and Serve not instant (box that serves 4)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
Cinnamon Sugar to garnish
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients for the bars. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Spread into prepared baking dish and bake 20-30 minutes until edges are golden.
- Let cool completely before frosting (let mine sit 2 hours).
- In mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Spread on cooled bars.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top for garnish, I used a sieve to create just a light dusting.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
- Store chilled because of the frosting.