Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are delicious and took second place in a baking competition at work. Big thanks to Shelly of Cookies & Cups for this tasty creation.
- 15 1⁄4 ounces vanilla cake mix
- 3 ounces vanilla pudding mix, Cook and Serve not instant (box that serves 4)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
Cinnamon Sugar to garnish
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients for the bars. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Spread into prepared baking dish and bake 20-30 minutes until edges are golden.
- Let cool completely before frosting (let mine sit 2 hours).
- In mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Spread on cooled bars.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top for garnish, I used a sieve to create just a light dusting.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
- Store chilled because of the frosting.
If you love cinnamon you'll love these bars. They are incredible.