Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Red-hot candies and canned cherries flavor this awesome dessert.
- 411.06 g canpitted tart cherries
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml water
- 44.37 ml red-hot candies
Cinnamon Roll Topping
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 88.74 ml brown sugar, divided
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml milk
- 14.79 ml butter, softened
- 78.07 ml finely chopped pecans
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in red-hots. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thick and bubbly and red-hots are melted. Stir in cherries; heat through. Transfer to a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until blended.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Roll into a 14 inch x 10 inch rectangle.
- Spread with butter; sprinkle with pecans.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over top.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cut into eight slices; place cut side down over cherry filling.
- Bake at 400* for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cobbler.