Red-hot candies and canned cherries flavor this awesome dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pitted tart cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
Cinnamon Roll Topping
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in red-hots. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thick and bubbly and red-hots are melted. Stir in cherries; heat through. Transfer to a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- 3In a bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Cut in shortening until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until blended.
- 5Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Roll into a 14 inch x 10 inch rectangle.
- 6Spread with butter; sprinkle with pecans.
- 7Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over top.
- 8Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cut into eight slices; place cut side down over cherry filling.
- 9Bake at 400* for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- 10Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cobbler.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Roll Cherry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 267.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: