Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Red-hot candies and canned cherries flavor this awesome dessert.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpitted tart cherries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
Cinnamon Roll Topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in red-hots. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thick and bubbly and red-hots are melted. Stir in cherries; heat through. Transfer to a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until blended.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Roll into a 14 inch x 10 inch rectangle.
- Spread with butter; sprinkle with pecans.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over top.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cut into eight slices; place cut side down over cherry filling.
- Bake at 400* for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cobbler.