Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Think you're going batty? Well, don't be selfish! Invite everyone to join in the fun of creating and serving up the little creatures for breakfast! From the pillsbury website.
- 1 (20 1/2 ounce) canpillsbury grands cinnamon roll dough, with cream cheese icing
- 5 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
- 5 chocolate wafer cookies
- 10 gummy rings (3/4 inch)
- 10 miniature M&M baking bits
- 10 candy corn
- 5 large black gumdrops or 5 small black gumdrops
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Separate dough into 5 rolls.
- Cut each in half crosswise.
- For each flying bat, arrange 2 halves, round sides together, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon frosting.
- Frost warm bats with remaining frosting.
- Immediately sprinkle each bat with 1 tablespoon candy sprinkles.
- With small amount of reserved frosting, attach wafer cookie to each bat for head.
- Use remaining frosting and candies to decorate faces as desired.
This looked like a wonderful idea, but in execution, they really looked nothing like bats. Each half-circle roll ended up looking more like a bat, so we ditched the cookie face (had decided on gingersnaps due to the difficulty finding chocolate wafer cookies) and ran with it. The kids still loved them (what's not to like about cinnamon rolls, right?) Thanks!