Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
A great side dish for chicken, turkey or pork. I serve on a platter with thin slices of lime around the edge. From Food & Drink magazine.
Top Review by Bev
Wonderful recipe! Where I come from we call these potatoes Candied Yams. I followed your recipe and doubled the sugar mixture : ) (....Ok, yes, I do have a sweet tooth!) The potatoes turned out wonderfully tender and a beautiful sight to behold! I almost didn't remember to add the lime juice at the end, because I've never added lime juice to my recipe even though I bought fresh limes just for this occasion. Don't forget this step! The addition of the lime is excellent!! I will remember to use the lime from now on! Thanks so much for this great recipe, JCMM!!
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly sqeezed lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Pour oil into roasting dish and place in oven for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper together.
- Place potato slices in hot oil and return to oven for 10 minutes, then turn slices over and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and sprinkle slices with cinnamon mixture and turn to coat.
- Return to oven and roast for another 5 minutes each side.
- Place potato slices on paper towel to drain, then place on serving dish.
- Drizzle lime juice on top of potatoes and serve.