Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very easy recipe.
- 2 kgs orange sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Wash potatoes, dry well, cut into 2 cm thick rounds.
- Rub with combined oil and honey.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a baking dish with cinnamon sticks.
- Cook at 190 C for 20 minutes then remove from oven.
- Arrange cinnamon sticks under potatoes, turning the slices to expose uncooked side.
- Cook further 30 minutes till tender.
- Serve on platter adorned with the cinnamon sticks.
Am a huge fan of sweet potatoes so this was a winner for us! Easy and yummy! This was a vegetarian meal-served with corn on the cob and Grilled Peppers With Cheese.
Did not have actual cinnamon sticks, so sprinkled cinnamon on them instead -- but still turned out amazing!! Loved the inclusion of the honey! Thanks for sharing!
Really good! I used two different kinds of sweet potatoes, one with the usual orange flesh and one with white flesh. It made for a pretty presentation. Made for ZWT9 Soup A Stars.