Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by my friend, Ruth. It is simply the best chicken ever and very easy to prepare! Great for dinner parties.
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry chicken. Combine ingredients and rub over entire chicken. Place chicken in a roasting pan on a rack. Roast 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and roast until chicken registers 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
We enjoyed this roasted chicken very much. I reduced cinnamon and chili to 3/4 tablespoon and used Mexican chocolate for the cocoa powder. Wash chicken. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Add rub. Slow roast 325 until done. Thanks
the meat was very good but the skin had too much seasoning and was too sweet. the meat was very good. i also put an apple in the inside of the chicken. i will make it again.