Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
From AllRecipes by BJ. I love the roasted almonds served at flea markets back east. These are just as good.
Top Review by Brit413
These are just like the streetfair almonds I love!! I'm thinking about making them for my wedding favors in August. I used more brown sugar than white, extra cinnamon, and (accidently) extra vanilla. They are great.
- 1 egg white (try Egg Beaters or Just Whites)
- 4.92 ml cold water
- 946.36 ml whole almonds
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 10x15 jelly roll pan.
- (I used my silipat sheet) Lightly beat the egg white; add water and beat until frothy but not stiff.
- Add the nuts and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over nuts and toss to coat.
- Spread the nuts evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in oven 1 hour, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.