Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From AllRecipes by BJ. I love the roasted almonds served at flea markets back east. These are just as good.
- 1 egg white (try Egg Beaters or Just Whites)
- 4.92 ml cold water
- 946.36 ml whole almonds
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 10x15 jelly roll pan.
- (I used my silipat sheet) Lightly beat the egg white; add water and beat until frothy but not stiff.
- Add the nuts and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over nuts and toss to coat.
- Spread the nuts evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in oven 1 hour, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
These are just like the streetfair almonds I love!! I'm thinking about making them for my wedding favors in August. I used more brown sugar than white, extra cinnamon, and (accidently) extra vanilla. They are great.
What a great recipe!! I wanted a sweet yet a nutritious snack and this recipe did the trick. I took some suggestions from other reviews and the almonds turned out great! I doubled everything except for the almonds. I used 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 tsp of almond extract. I also used splenda instead of sugar. I may not have doubled the splenda I can't remember. Anyway, what a great snack high in protein, good fat, and tastes good too!
I'm on the candida diet, and almonds are something I'm supposed to eat. But I was getting really sick of plain almonds, so I tried roasting them. This recipe definitely transformed a healthy-tasting food into a delectable food that just happens to be healthy. Since I can't have sugar, I used 1/4 cup of Truvia instead. I also increased the cinnamon to about 3 times the recommended amount, added a little ground ginger, and used vanilla in place of the water.
They turned out wonderful! I wish I could have tried them with brown sugar, like some reviewers suggested, but that will have to wait for a later time. They were still wonderful as they were. Even my boyfriend loves these, and we agree they are a wonderful, healthy snack.