Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
this is the best coffee cake in a muffin cup you will ever eat...I have adapted this to a jar recipe..in fact, any recipe that has 4 cups of ingredients will fit in a wide mouth canning jar...
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Lightly butter 12 muffin cups or coat with nonstick spray or use paper liners.
- CINNAMON RIPPLE:.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Work together with a fork or your fingertips until well blended -- set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.stir until well blended.In a seperate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla till smooth.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once and fold just until moistened.
- Sprinkle with the CINNAMON RIPPLE and fold once or twice to distribute evenlt.Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake until tops are golden and a tooth pick inserted in centers comes out clean.22-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
These tasted better as time went by. Mine were a little crumbly, so I don't know if I messed up on something. The flavor was very good though, and they are very easy to make. They contain ingredients easily found in your pantry. Thanks!
Wow!!! This is a melt-in-your-mouth tender muffin with an amazing layer of cinnamon tantalizing the taste buds smack in the middle. A keeper for sure! Thanks for posting, grandma2969.
I've made this recipe over and over. I would take baked goodies to school for the teachers every Tuesday and this was the reciepe they requested the most.Instead of 5 stars it rates an A+