1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Rice Pudding Mix
I am making menu baskets for Christmas this year and was looking for a dessert that could be made from a mix. The recipe is courtesy of USA Rice Federation. It goes together quickly and was just what I was looking for. The cooking time and serving size are for the finished product, not the mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the pudding mix: Place 1 cup of rice in a zip lock bag and seal.
- 2In another bag, place the sugar, cinnamon sticks, salt and powdered vanilla; with a ribbon tie the 2 bags together, label and attach a gift tag with the following directions.
- 3In a medium size pan; bring the rice, water and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil; stirring once or twice.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice in tender and liquid absorbed.
- 5To the cooked rice, add 3 cups milk, 1/4 cup butter and spice packet.
- 6Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, approximately 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequenlty.
- 7Remove from heat; remove cinnamon sticks.
- 8The pudding can be served warm, room temperature or cold, top with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rice Pudding Mix
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 323.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: