1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Rice Pudding
creamy and full of flavor, I love cinnamon and nutmeg so feel free to cut the amount if you would prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water and a pinch of salt.
- 2add rice, stir, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 18 minutes (dont peak).
- 3in a separate pot add 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and a pinch of salt and cinnamon sticks.
- 4on low heat dissolve sugar in to milk stirring constantly, be careful not to burn the milk.
- 5add cooked rice to milk mixture and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until thick and creamy in consistency.
- 6in measuring cup combine 1/2 cup of milk, vanilla, egg (beaten) cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 7remove pot from heat and remove cinnamon sticks.
- 8add a small amount of the rice mixture to the measuring cup mixture (as to not scramble the egg) then pour the measuring cup mixture into the remaining rice mixture.
- 9Fold in raisins (if desired) and butter.
- 10pour in to dessert cups and cover with plastic wrap tightly so a film does not form and refrigerate.
- 11you can serve chilled or warm what ever your desire.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 97.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g