This is so simple to make and it will make your house smell wonderful! It reminds me of when I was little. It takes a while to make but there is no work involved, it's just time in the oven that you can spend doing something else. Alternatively, you can also use a vanilla pod instead of the cinnamon stick, just slice it open and throw it in instead of the cinnamon stick.
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas 2.
- Place the rice, sugar and milk in a suitable oven-proof dish.
- Top with knobs of butter and add the cinnamon stick.
- Place uncovered into the oven , stir once after 30 minutes and leave for a further 1 1/2 hours.
- If you want, you can sprinkle it with 2tbsp sugar mixed with one tsp cinnamon for extra sweetness.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.