Top Review by Sackville
These were quite good but I was expecting a bit more filling in the centre. They just weren't "gooey" enough for me. I also found them a touch dense. Loved the cinnamon topping though!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh rhubarb or 1⁄2 cup frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup peaches or 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- Combine egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into nine greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Combine rhubarb and preserves; place 1 tablespoon in the center of each cup (do not spread).
- Top with remaining batter.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes or until top of muffin springs back when lightly touched in centre.