Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love cinnamon red hot candy apples! This recipe was graciously submitted to the Chicago Tribune by Liz Clark in June, 1998.
- Cut peeled & cored apples into wedges.
- Place the apple wedges into a large enameled cast-iron pot or Dutch oven. Add water and cinnamon candies.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium, stirring constantly until the candies have dissolved and apples are soft but not mushy. Continue to boil until 1/2 cup of the liquid remains. Taking care not to break up the apples. The more concentrated the liquid, the more intense the color and flavor of the apples.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.