Top Review by s'kat
These were good, however, I found the cinnamon to be almost overpowering in taste. If I endeavor to make these in the future, I think I would use a bit more sugar. I loved biting into the jam!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- to taste vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In medium-size mixing bowl.
- Combine first 5 ingredients; making a well in the centre of the mixture. Mix together egg, buttermilk, and margarine. Slowly add to flour mixture and stir until moistened.
- Coat muffin tray with cooking spray and spoon approx.
- 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup.
- Then spoon approx.
- 1 tsp of raspberry jam into centre of each muffin cup (do not spread), and top with remaining batter.
- Mix together 1 Tbsp sugar and < teaspoon cinnamon; stirring well.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched.
- Remove from muffin cups immediately, and let cool on wire ra ck.