Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
A cookie recipe for those of us that love the combination of cinnamon and raisins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk all at once to dry ingredients and stir with a fork until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead gently for 8-10 minutes.
- Roll out to a 12" square.
- Gently spread shortening over dough.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Roll up dough like a jelly-roll and seal edge.
- Cut into about 12 -1" pieces.
- Place into greased muffin tins.
- Bake @ 425* for 14-18 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve.