Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This recipe makes four servings of two slices each.
Top Review by Susie D
This is yummy and I appreciated a recipe that made breakfast easy to put together. I toasted the walnuts and made the spread the evening before. I liked the combination of ingredients and the sweet spread would add a nice flavor with any dry toast. I used a mandolin to thin slice an apple, but I am looking forward to trying this with peaches or nectarines. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup plain greek-style nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 peaches, apple (pitted or cored and sliced 1/4-inch-thick) or 1 pear (pitted or cored and sliced 1/4-inch-thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Allow them to cool slightly, then chop finely.
- In a small bowl, add the chopped walnuts to the yogurt and honey and stir until well combined. The spread will keep in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3 days - just stir well before using.
- Toast the bread and cut the fruit into 1/4-inch slices. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the spread on each slices. Top each piece with a few slices of fruit.