1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread (My Lightened Version)
This is your basic cinnamon raisin bread that I have made more diabetic acceptable. It originally ask for the tops to be brushed with more melted butter, I have omitted that but you certainly may do so if you wish. My DH loves it made as french toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon shortening (can be cut to 1)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1Place water, milk, shortening, salt, flour, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start.
- 2If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the raisins at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.
- 3Take dough out after first kneading cycle has finished. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a rectangle.
- 4Spread dough with butter, brown sugar, and
- 5cinnamon. Roll dough, and divide into two parts.
- 6Place loaves in two lightly greased 9x5 inch bread pans, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until crust is brown and loaves sound hollow when tapped.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread (My Lightened Version)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 208.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g