Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Taken from Taste of Home magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 8 slices day old raisin bread
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- additional maple syrup
- In small bowl, combine butter and cinnamon; spread over one side of each slice of raisin bread.
- Place 4 slices, buttered side up, in a greased 8-in. square baking dish and sprinkle with 2 T. brown sugar.
- Repeat with remaining raisin bread and brown sugar.
- Whisk eggs, milk, syrup, and vanilla in a large bowl; pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator about 30 minute before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-50 minute or until puffed and golden. Serve with maple syrup.
- Note: prep time does not include chilling.
If you like cinnamon you'll love this. We really enjoyed it for brunch.Was easy to prepare the day before and time saving the next day - just had to put it in the oven. I used an 8" x 12" pan instead, as 8"square was too small to arrange bread slices. I cut some of the slices to fit the pan. I also used egg beater eggs instead because I am watching my cholesterol intake. Also cut the brown sugar down to 3 tbsp. instead of 4. I did not grease the pan enough and it does stick to the sides, so grease pan well. Will make it again.