Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on the www.sparkrecipes.com website. "Makes an interesting dessert."
Make and share this Cinnamon Raisin Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar (I use splenda granular)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk (I use fat free milk)
- 1 egg (I use liquid egg whites)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, measure 1 3/4 cups flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix together with a large spoon.
- Melt butter and place in a medium bowl with the applesauce. Add milk, egg and raisins. Stir until ingredients are blended.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture. Stir until dough forms into a ball.
- Sprinkle the 3 tablespoons flour on a flat surface. Flour your hands well and move dough from bowl to surface. Knead the dough by using the heel of your hand to push the dough away from you. Then with your hands, pull the dough back toward you, folding over as you pull it. Repeat this for about 1 minute.
- Place the kneaded dough on an ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan. Pat the dough into an 8" circle. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 8 wedges.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.