Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great sweet and salty combination!
Make and share this Cinnamon Raisin-Nut Toffee recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups salted roasted mixed nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ' 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (plus more for baking sheet)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Combine nuts, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl. Lightly butter a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until it just begins to melt. Cook, swirling the pan but not stirring, until most of the sugar has melted, about 10 minutes. Add the butter and cook, swirling the pan, until the mixture is deep amber and a candy thermometer registers 300 degrees, about 7 more minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the nut mixture, then the raisins. Pout onto the prepared baking sheet and spread with a rubber spatula. Let cool completely, then break into pieces.