Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
A wonderful breakfast only with 2 grams of fat.
- 3 egg whites or 3 egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cooking spray
- 4 slices raisin bread
- Combine egg whites, skim milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in a medium bowl; stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- Spray a skillet or griddle with cooking spray, heat over medium-low heat.
- Dip bread into egg mixture, coating both sides evenly.
- Gently place each slice of bread in the skillet and cooked for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
I'm a French toast lover and was delighted to find a low fat recipe. I made it with the egg whites and am looking forward to trying the recipe using the egg substitute. Thanks!
I love this, it's amazing that you can have that great of a treat for only 1pt each:). When I first started dieting I just pretty much gave up french toast, until this came along. I don't use the rasin bread, but I use the plain white sara lee bread which turns out great still:). Thanks for the recipe
This is very good. I used cinnamon-raisin bread and the egg substitute. Served with warmed pure maple syrup for a special breakfast treat.