Very nice, lightly sweet scone. Lovely eaten warm from the oven!
Make and share this Cinnamon-Raisin Cream Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Topping: Mix cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl, set aside.
- Scones: Have all ingredients at room temperature. Sift flour, then measure out 2 cups into mixing bowl. Add baking powder, salt, and sugar and sift again.
- Add shortening, cutting it in until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a seperate bowl, beat eggs, add cream. Add to flour mixture, (reserving 2 tablespoons to brush on top of scones). Add raisins and stir just until mixed.
- Turn onto lightly floured board. Knead sticky dough for 1/2 minute. Shape dough into ball, place on greased baking sheet. Pat down into circle of dough about 1 1/2 inches thick. Cut into 8 wedges and move wedges apart on sheet so they are evenly spaced.
- Brush each wedge with reserved egg/cream mixture, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar topping generously over each.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 11-14 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Serve warm with butter & jam.