1/3 Photos of Cinnamon-Raisin Cream Scones
Very nice, lightly sweet scone. Lovely eaten warm from the oven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- 2Topping: Mix cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl, set aside.
- 3Scones: Have all ingredients at room temperature. Sift flour, then measure out 2 cups into mixing bowl. Add baking powder, salt, and sugar and sift again.
- 4Add shortening, cutting it in until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5In a seperate bowl, beat eggs, add cream. Add to flour mixture, (reserving 2 tablespoons to brush on top of scones). Add raisins and stir just until mixed.
- 6Turn onto lightly floured board. Knead sticky dough for 1/2 minute. Shape dough into ball, place on greased baking sheet. Pat down into circle of dough about 1 1/2 inches thick. Cut into 8 wedges and move wedges apart on sheet so they are evenly spaced.
- 7Brush each wedge with reserved egg/cream mixture, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar topping generously over each.
- 8Bake in 400 degree oven for 11-14 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- 9Serve warm with butter & jam.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Raisin Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.1
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 306.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g