Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Decadent breakfast or brunch indulgence, perfect for the holidays - even better that you assemble it the night before and only have to pop it in the oven in the morning! From cooking.com.
- 24 slices cinnamon raisin bread, crusts trimmed
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 dash nutmeg
For the Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- maple syrup
- Lightly butter a 3-quart baking pan. Cover the bottom of the pan with half the bread slices.
- In a medium bowl combine 6 of the eggs with all the half and half, 1 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Pour half the egg mixture over the bread. In a separate bowl whisk the cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, teaspoon of vanilla, and 1/2 cups of sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bread layer. Arrange the rest of the bread over the filling and top with the remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 60 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with warmed maple syrup if desired.