Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe belongs to a field editor by the name of Edna Hoffman who lives in Hebron, Indiana. She shared this rich bread pudding recipe on another website and I'm here to spread it to Food.com.
- 1 cup cubed cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk (or any type of milk you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until blended.
- Stir in raisins. Pour over bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.