Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love bread pudding and it doesn't get much easier than this one. Only 3 ingredients!
- 1 (1 lb) cinnamon-raisin bread, loaf, cut into 1-inch dice
- 6 cups milk
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes vanilla pudding mix (cook-and-serve)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Toss bread with 2 cups of the milk in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in separate bowl, mix together the remaining milk and pudding until smooth. Pour over soaked bread; toss lightly.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour or until browned and almost set in middle. Cool on wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or chilled.
Okay...I only had a half of loaf of crappy dry homemade cinnamon bread. I only had INSTANT pudding. I just went ahead and made a half recipe [3 cups skim milk-1 box instant vanilla pudding and a half loaf of crappy cinnamon bread] and put the pile of soaked bread into a greased, glass square 8 X 8 pan instead! Pour the pudding mixture over all of it. I only baked it for 30 minutes and then put into the fridge to "set". Man...heaven!
I had some leftover homemade cinnamon raisin bread that didn't turn out as good as it should have so when I saw this recipe I decided to re-make it into something else. I'm not a fan of bread pudding but one of my roomies loves it. After I saw how much bread was in the pan I made the whole recipe instead of halving it like I was going to. I'm glad I did. Both roomies had huge portions and said it was great! I made it as written and sprinkled a little cinnamon-sugar on top with a bit of nutmeg. The guys put some warm half-n-half over it. I like how easy this is to make and will make it again. Thanks for sharing.
I haf some left over pumpkin loaf bread. I followed all the steps and during the last 20 mins in the oven sprinkled cinnimon on the top as well as poured vanilla extract on top. It was done within 45 mins. Had I left it in for more than that it would have dried out. Mom and Dad loved it!!! Especially since my Dad can't bite into hard food. Will make again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!